I'm a public health physician based in Oxford, England. I'm a Senior Clinical Research Fellow at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, and an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the University of Oxford, where I teach on both obesity and climate change. I am also an adjunct professor at the University College Cork Department of Epidemiology and Public Health. I was the director of the National Obesity Observatoryfrom the time I founded it in 2007 until December 2011.
I am a director of Halsa Consulting Limited, a public health consultancy.
I have expertise in many areas of public health including:
- epidemiology of overweight and obesity
- public health surveillance
- evidence generation, especially practice-based evidence
- transport, built environment and health
- wider environmental influences on health
- climate change and sustainability
- health impact assessment and policy appraisal
- economic and other appraisal of public health interventions
- complex systems analysis
- translational research and communication of science